The ABA Law Student Division Assembly is the voice of law students in the ABA. It is comprised of:
- Each ABA-accredited school’s ABA Representative.
- Each ABA-accredited school’s Student Bar Association President.
- Law Student Division Entity Liaisons.
- Up to three representatives appointed by affiliate student legal associations.
The Assembly meets in person once a year at the ABA Law Student Division Annual Meeting where it debates resolutions and votes on elected Division board positions.
Submit a Resolution
Any member of the Law Student Division may submit a resolution to the Law Student Division Council at any time. For the Assembly to consider a resolution at its once a year in-person meeting during ABA Annual Meeting, the resolution must be submitted by June 15.
Review the ABA Law Student Division Resolutions Guide, and review previous resolutions below. You may submit your resolution proposals or questions to the Division Director and/or any member of the Council.
Electronic Voting Procedure
In addition to considering resolutions once a year at an in-person Assembly meeting at Annual Meeting in August, The Law Student Division Council may put forward resolutions for an electronic vote of the Assembly at any time during the year through its Remote Meeting and Electronic Voting Policy [PDF].
Any Division member can submit a resolution to the Council for consideration. Please contact a Council member for more information.
Previous Electronic Resolution Results
- 17/04-01: Undocumented Law Students Resolution
- Sponsors: Law Student Division Council.
- Date of Assembly vote: April 19-23, 2017.
- Result: IN FAVOR, 102-43.
Sample Assembly Resolutions
- Encouraging Adoption of the Uniform Bar Exam
- Endorsement of Anti-discrimination Amendments to the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct