ABA student liaison integrates students into ABA leadership by placing them in ABA entities.There’s no better way to make connections with experienced ABA lawyer members!
The liaison’s entire goal is to build a relationship with the leadership of an ABA entity; help that group develop content, programs and events for law students focused on that group’s special expertise; and report progress back to the Division.
Not only will you interact with experienced ABA lawyer leaders, but many groups subsidize participation by funding liaison travel to entity meetings.
Time commitment: 10 hours monthly.
Application Deadline: The deadline for submitting your application form for an ABA Law Student Division Liaison or National Student Director position is February 15.
- Work with entity leadership to facilitate law student content and events/programming centered around that entity’s specialty:
- Content examples:
- Blog articles
- Student Lawyer magazine articles
- Webinars, videos, or podcasts
- Slideshows from presentations
- Programming/event examples:
- Coordinated visits by entity leadership at law schools
- Local programming and receptions for students at scheduled meetings
- Videos and webinars on timely topics
- Represent the Law Student Division to ABA entities and represent the ABA entities to the Law Student Division, keeping each other informed of the other’s activities.
- Submit monthly reports to the Division.
- Consult with the Web Editor and Student Editor on writing a articles for law student blog and Student Lawyer magazine.
- Attend the entity’s required meetings. If funding is unavailable from the entity, the liaison should attempt to secure alternate funding from his/her law school.
- Write a letter of introduction to the entity chair outlining liaison duties and offering to become active.
- Actively promote law student membership and involvement in the ABA entity.
- Work with appropriate entity leaders to produce a law student section newsletter column or student specific webpage on entity website.
- Participate on the liaison training conference call.
Applications for liaison positions are currently closed.