For Law Students

Join Now

It’s our awards season, too

Share:
Trophies

Last week, it was the Grammys. In two Sundays, it’s the Oscars’ turn. It’s not just the stars’ turn for award season, though – we’d like to hand out some hardware as well.

It’s time for you to tell us who the Law Student Division should honor for the 2015-2016 year.

Each year at the ABA Annual Meeting, we recognize the achievements of individual law students, law school organizations, and law schools on a national level. This year’s awards will be handed out in San Francisco from Aug. 4-9.

The categories are:

• Student Bar Association
  • Diversity
  • Public Interest
  • Membership and Activity
  • Law School Newspaper
  • VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) Programs.

It’s up to you to nominate the law students and student organizations at your law school that you feel deserve to be recognized for their worthwhile efforts.

The criteria and nomination forms are available online at ambar.org/lsdawards and must be submitted with the required accompanying materials. Remember, the signature of your law school dean is required to be considered for an award, so please plan accordingly.

Nominations are due April 1, 2016. Get yours in today!

ABA Law Student Division The Law Student Division empowers law student by providing them with meaningful connections to practicing professionals, job resources, relevant programming, and practical skills competitions. We represent the law student community by advocating for policies that improve legal education, champion diversity, and strengthen public service.