It’s a little over a month until the ABA heads to San Francisco for the 2016 Annual Meeting from Aug. 4-9 at the Marriott Marquis. If you’re wondering, “should I go?,” that answer is yes.
Law students can register for just $50. For $150 you can access some extra networking opportunities with ABA lawyers.
Sure, if you’re an ABA Rep or SBA President you should attend as one your school’s two votes in our assembly and officer elections. But if you’re still wondering why you should come to Annual Meeting, let us help you out. And for the full schedule, see our meeting at a glance.
Personal and Professional Development
- Navigating the Waters of Student Debt Continuing Program (Co-Sponsored by the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar)
- Maintaining Mental Health and Wellness for Law Students
- Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Interviewing Workshop
- Labor and Employment Law Program
- Law Student Diversity Roundtable
- All Students Roundtable and Idea Raiser Sponsored by Microsoft Surface
Fun While Networking with YLD and the LSD
- First Timers Orientation & Reception
- Welcome Reception at Ruby Skye Nightclub
- Networking Breakfasts (Aug. 5 and 6)
- HIV and the Workplace: The State of the Law
- The State of Indigent Litigation
- Getting to Hired: Tips for Your Job Search Journey
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity for Law Firms
- That’s a Wrap: The Good, the Bad, and the Reversible in Closing
- Young Lawyers Division Section Connect
- Young Lawyers Division Assembly
Meet the Big ABA
- Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Awards (ticketed event)
- ABA Expo
- ABA General Assembly and Presentation of the ABA Medal
So join us in the heart of San Francisco in August. You might meet your mentor, find a career path, or just have a great time.