LawBase is very excited to announce that we are sponsoring a scholarship of $1,000 to an individual student to help with their financial needs for their educational goals. The scholarship is available to U.S. law students who have been adopted or been through the foster care system. All candidates must be accepted at or attending a 4-year college program with the intention of pursuing a legal degree or accepted at or attending an ABA-accredited law school within the United States. Candidates will also be required to submit a copy of their most current transcript reflecting a minimum 2.6 GPA.
Why it’s important to us
Founder and president of LawBase Phil Homburger is a parent to four adopted children. Phil and his wife Deborah also took on the role of foster parents to numerous children, providing a safe, stable, and loving environment for children who unable to stay safely in their family home. Because of this connection, it was a natural progression to find a way to give back to those wanting a career in the industry LawBase.
Who we are
LawBase is currently being used by thousands of users in law firms, Fortune 500 corporate legal departments and government agencies nationwide. In business for 36 years, we are proud to say that the first LawBase client used LawBase until his retirement. We have always had a corporate philosophy to create legal software that “thinks the way you do.” With the help of our consultants, we design custom systems by determining what information is important to the client’s office. We pride ourselves on our unparalleled level of flexibility– clients will have software tailored to their needs without the custom price tag. LawBase allows law firms, corporate legal departments and government agencies to track a file’s progress, maintain client files within various areas of law, keep complete calendars and schedules, maintain file room management and perform large repetitive tasks with just a few keystrokes – in a fraction of the time it used to take, saving two precious commodities, time and money.
- U.S. law students who have been adopted.
- All candidates must be accepted at or attending a 4-year college program with the intention of pursuing a legal degree OR accepted at or attending an ABA-accredited law school within the United States.
- All candidates will also be required to submit a copy of their most current transcript reflecting a minimum 2.6 GPA.
- Applicants must submit an essay of 1,000-1,200 words describing how adoption has framed their drive to achieve and has given them an advantage or disadvantage on reaching their goals.
- Candidates must include their full name, physical address, email address and phone number among their application materials.
- Only emailed submissions will be considered.
- Only Word or PDF attachments will be accepted.
- Proof of attendance or acceptance at an accredited school as outlined above.
- Proof of a minimum 2.6 GPA from the school you currently attend or most recently attended (copy of official transcript is sufficient).
Scholarship Award: $1,000
- The LawBase Scholarship will be awarded to one (1) student to be used toward tuition, books or housing at an accredited U.S. undergraduate college program or law school.
- All applications must be received by email on or before October 31, 2016.
- Winners will be announced within 30 days of the application deadline.
- Please submit all applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.