In the right hands, a law degree can be a powerful tool. History is filled with great accounts of leaders who made it their life’s work to embody the law and serve as agents of change. Abraham Lincoln was a self-taught lawyer who became known for his astute mediating and peacemaking skills in a young America. Nelson Mandela made his mark on the legal profession by providing access to justice for all. One lawyer really can change the world.
How will you make your impact as a lawyer? It’s time to tell the world.
BARBRI Law Preview and the American Bar Association recognize that getting a legal education can be an expensive journey. For this reason, we have partnered to offer one hard-working law student a $10,000 scholarship to help pay for the first year of law school. Your chance at the scholarship starts by completing this simple online application.
- Complete your scholarship application today.
- Submit a 250-word essay online by April 15, 2017, in response to:
How you hope to use your law degree to change our world and how would $10,000 towards your 1L tuition change your world?
- 10 finalists will be selected by Law Preview panelists and will be notified on or before April 25, 2017.
- Finalists will be announced on lawpreview.com soon after.
- The $10,000 scholarship recipient will be chosen by the Chair of ABA’s Young Lawyers Division, and the award will be paid directly to his or her law school. Notification will take place on or before June 10, 2017.
- Free ABA Membership for all applicants.
- Free ABA Premium 1-Year Membership for top 10 applicants.
- View the official rules.
Bonus scholarship available
This year, one additional first-year law student will have the opportunity to make their mark on the world with a scholarship in the amount of $5,000.