Equal Justice Works, a nonprofit dedicated to mobilizing the next generation of public interest lawyers, is currently accepting applications for the annual 2017 Public Interest Law Student Awards.
Applicants must be current law students who have a demonstrated commitment to public interest law and helping underserved, marginalized, or vulnerable client populations. Law student service in clinics, internships, externships, student-run projects, extracurricular organizations, and student pro bono are great examples of the type of work we honor.
Selection is based mainly on:
- commitment to public interest law;
- the impact of work performed as a law student;
- new, expanded, or unique improvements on the traditional delivery of legal services;
- replicability of the student’s project (if applicable); and
- long-term interest in becoming a nonprofit, government, or public interest attorney.
Equal Justice Works will select honorees from eight different regions across the nation. Student organizations or co-organizers are more than welcome to submit a joint application! The 2017 Equal Justice Works Public Interest Law Student Award winners will receive a commemorative plaque and a monetary award of $250.
The deadline to apply is this Friday, March 10 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Applications can be found online.
Please email us at students@equaljusticewor… with any questions!