Format: ConferenceWashington, DC Washington DC
Dates: 05/02/2019 - 05/04/2019
Sponsor: ABA Young Lawyers Division
List Price: Free
ABA Member Price:
Sponsor Member Price:Learn More
On May 2, 2019 in Washington, DC, young lawyers from different careers, regions, and backgrounds will begin their three days of learning. Whether it’s learning from our speakers who are some of the most influential people in politics today, learning from the unique programming we’re offering, or learning from the one-on-one consulting and networking we provide, we promise you’ll walk away with something.
This event is FREE for law students!
- A View from the Hill with special guests US Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham and US Congressman Joe Kennedy III at the US Capitol
- A panel on making a difference behind the scenes with congressional staffers
- Special visit and lecture at the US Supreme Court with host US Supreme Court Clerk Scott S. Harris
- Fireside chat with former US Attorney General Alberto Gonzales
- International Oratory Competition
- Men of Color Summit at Howard University School of Law
- Free improv sessions with Jennifer Strouf, founder of Improv4Lawyers*
- Free political consulting sessions for lawyers interested in running for office*
- One-on-one executive coaching sessions with Debra Forman*
- Breaking Barriers: Claiming a Seat at the Table. A luncheon with lawyers who have made history.
Need some more convincing? YLD Chair Tommy Preston Jr. explains why law students should attend this incredible opportunity.