Time: 1 PM EDT
Sponsor: ABA Commission on Hispanic Legal Rights and Responsibilities
List Price: Free
ABA Member Price: Free
Sponsor Member Price: FreeRegister Here
The Latinx diaspora is varied and diverse, much like other ethnicities. Among the rich culture the Latinx population boasts, one diverse experience is that of the Afro-Latinx experience. However, many times this experience is unrecognized or underrepresented in the United States. This is true among all fields, sectors, and genres, including the legal profession. This program seeks to change that and leave you with an introductory understanding of the Afro-Latinx experience in the legal community.
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, come join us to learn more about the rich heritage of the Afro-Latinx population in the United States and hear from your colleagues who identify as Afro-Latinx.
- Doralyn De Dios, Felony Assistant District Attorney, Kings County District Attorney’s Office and President, The Dominican Bar Association
- Justina K. Rivera, In-House Counsel, NYC Office of the Comptroller
- Adriana Foreman, Associate, Littler Mendelson, P.C.
- Kayla Mosquera, Associate, , Hamilton, Miller & Birthisel, LLP
- Larissa Mañón Mervin, Supervising Attorney, Legal Aid of North Carolina, Inc. – Charlotte
- YLD Diversity and Inclusion Team
- ABA Commission on Hispanic Legal Rights and Responsibilities