Time: 1 PM EDT
Sponsor: ABA Young Lawyers Division
List Price: $150
ABA Member Price: Free
Sponsor Member Price: FreeRegister Here
Giving and taking feedback can be one of the most challenging aspects of legal writing. Many new lawyers struggle with receiving feedback on their writing, particularly when they have tried so hard to ensure their work product is “perfect,” and they just want to “give up.” This interactive program will teach useful insights and tips for developing stronger legal writing resiliency.
Our legal writing instructors will provide strategies for approaching the following:
- Proofreading: steps to take before turning in the first draft
- Perfectionism: determining when a brief is good “enough” (for a first draft, and then for filing)
- Imposter syndrome: how to respond to criticism with confidence
- The red pen: approaching criticism with a growth mindset
- The blue pen: how to give effective feedback to others, such as junior lawyers, and even partners!
- Self-improvement: best practices and resources for independent skills development
- Kyle Kroll, Winthrop & Weinstine PA
- Laura Farley, Nichols Kaster PLLP