The ABA Law Student Division Annual Meeting is the ABA’s biggest event of the year for law students. Students who attend the ABA Annual Meeting get the chance to socialize with students, rub elbows with attorneys, and participate in ABA governance. Registration is now open for the 2017 Annual Meeting in New York.
Registration will be open throughout the event. But, register early! Hotel rooms may sell out.
We recommend staying where most of the law student events will be – the Grand Hyatt. But you can stay at any of the ABA Annual Meeting hotels. Hotel accommodations and pricing are available at the end of your registration.
Law Student Schedule
For law student activities, see the Law Student Division 2017 Attendee Schedule. Please note there are several required events for ABA Representatives and SBA Presidents. Outside of these events you are free to attend any Law Student Division or another ABA section’s programs and events.
- Law Student Division Event RSVP Form
- Law Student Division Schedule of Events
- Annual Meeting App (desktop version)
Law students are just a small part of the Annual Meeting. This is the biggest event of the year for the entire Association! The complete schedule of ABA activities is at americanbar.org on the ABA Annual Meeting page.
You can download all the documents you may need here:
- LSD Schedule (pdf)
- Robert’s Rules of Order for Annual Assembly Webinar (Required for Assembly voters)
- 2017 Law Student Division Assembly Book
- Walking Map
Voting for Elections and Annual Assembly
- Meet the candidates for the 2017-18 annual elections here! You can vote electronically in the upcoming Division Council elections. Electronic ballots will be distributed directly to eligible voters during Annual Meeting on August 11.
- ABA Representatives and SBA Presidents, please check that you are properly reported and eligible to vote by downloading this current listing! Any voters reported after August 9th at 5PM ET will not be able to vote in the election. If you are not listed, you will need to report yourself now by completing this reporting form.
- Annual Assembly Meeting
- The Assembly debates and votes on resolutions relating to legal education, student life, and Division governance. You must be present to vote at the Annual Assembly Meeting, but you may proxy your vote! To be eligible to be a proxy at the Assembly Meeting, the student must 1) be an ABA member, 2) attend your law school, and 3) be attending Annual Meeting.
- Use this form to certify your proxy.
- See more details about Assembly and Governance, including rules for voting.
Help with Trip Costs
Many law schools help fund their student representatives’ trips to ABA Annual Meeting. Here is a letter requesting funding to Annual Meeting you can send to your school’s Dean.
With ABA Egencia*, you can automatically obtain ABA negotiated airfare discounts for travel to the ABA Meetings. ABA Egencia enables you to purchase the best airfare at the time of booking, by providing you with the ability to search for and compare fares from virtually every airline serving the destination.
Reservations with ABA Egencia can be made online or offline. For offline reservations, call (877) 833-6285. ABA Egencia is available online via ABA Travel Services*. ABA airfare discounts on some carriers may also be obtained by purchasing your tickets under the ABA Discount Codes directly from the airline or through your travel agent.
*A Travel Profile is required when booking airline reservations with ABA Egencia, click here for more information.