Presented by the American Bar Association’s Law Student Division and produced by Legal Talk Network, the ABA Law Student Podcast covers issues that affect law students, law schools, and recent grads. From finals and graduation to the bar exam and finding a job, this show is your trusted resource for the next big step.
National security expert and Syracuse University professor William Banks sheds light on how current events interact with our nation’s security and the law.
Housing and eviction law: How law students can help tenants in the midst of COVID-19
Zach Neumann of the COVID-19 Eviction Defense Project in Colorado explains how lawyers and law students can help tenants facing eviction during the pandemic.
Pro se support: The ins and outs of a legal help program
Meg Steenburgh talks with Angela Tripp, the director of the Michigan Legal Help Program, about how legal help works, the types of information they can provide for self-represented litigants, and how this type of service is helping to close the justice gap.
Examining racial inequality in juvenile justice
Meg Steenburgh talks with Natasha Fortune, assistant attorney in charge at the Legal Aid Society of New York in the Juvenile Rights Practice, about her work and clientele in the Juvenile Rights Practice and offers insights on the steps, both large and small, that can be taken to disrupt unjust cycles and create lasting positive change.
- A career in legal aid: Perspectives from Sally Fisher Curran
- Insights on bar review and civil procedure from Emory law prof Richard Freer
- Law school innovators talk about taking legal education online
- The Law Student Podcast talks with Berkeley Law’s Erwin Chemerinsky
- Examining stress and offering hope to law students
- What the Law Student Division Council has planned for 2019-2020
- What Can You Do with Your Law Degree?
- Former ABA President Hilarie Bass talks pro bono, wellness
- Rabia Chaudry discusses the case of Adnan Syed
- How law students can get help and help others with mental health and well-being
- Cultural Competency: How to Handle Bias and Develop Understanding
- Real changes for real diversity
- How to Survive Law School with Children
- Space law: The next frontier for lawyers
- How to be successful in law school
- Betsy West and Julie Cohen: Talking with the makers of the RBG documentary
- Maintaining Mental Health at Law School
- Serving the Underserved: BYU’s Immigration Clinic
- Benjamin Davis: The Life of a Law Professor
- Introducing our new ABA Law Student Podcast host, John Weber
- Linda Klein: The Gamble of Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- O. J. Simpson and Reasonable Doubt with F. Lee Bailey
- Defending Steven Avery, with Making A Murderer’s Dean Strang
- Discussing the O.J. Simpson Case with Defense Attorney Carl Douglas
- The Law Library of Congress: A Free Legal Research Resource
- Broken promises and Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Kelly Lake: The Importance of Legal Tech and Continued Education
- Mark Vovos: The Challenges of Trying Death Penalty Cases
- Andrea Kramer: Communication Tips that Combat Gender Bias
- Jack Rives: Transitioning from Military Law to Civilian Practice
- Anna Romanskaya: The Challenges of Law School and Finding Your First Job
Reports from the 2016 ABA Annual Meeting
- Incoming ABA President Linda Klein’s Year To Come
- Outgoing President Paulette Brown’s Year in Review
- Law School and Writing Legal Dramas for Television
- Korematsu v. United States with Karen Korematsu
- Pairing Legal Activism with Restorative Justice
- Ending Mass Incarceration Through Restorative Justice
- Applying Restorative Justice Concepts to Capital Cases
- Marcia Clark on “The People vs. O.J. Simpson,” Sexism, and Her Latest Book
- Substance Abuse and Mental Illness in the Legal Profession
- Law School and Depression
- How to Land the Right Summer Associates Program
- ABA Law Student Division Board of Governors: Year in Review
- Seeding Success: Cultivating YLD Opportunities with Bryan Rogers
- The Intersection of Law and Social Science with Ajay Mehrotra
- Resolution 109: The Fight for Bar Exam Portability
- Shaping Your Career Path with David Lat
- Student Loans: Saving Your Future After You Leap
- Student Loans: Look Before You Leap
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Which ABA Sections, Divisions, and Forums Should You Join?
- How Law Students are Helping Themselves
- Lindsey Graham on Getting Through Law School and Being a Lawyer
- ABA President Brown Wants You!
- BARBRI’s Richard Conviser on the Bar Exam
- What is the ABA Law Student Division?