Want to lead, advocate, and shape policy on a national scale? Network with prominent attorneys and law students from around the country? You can! There are many ways to get involved with the ABA as a law student leader.
Entity Liaison Position Applications are also now open! Check out the Law Student Liaison page for details.
Links and notes for interested law students:
- Go Premium! To be eligible to hold a leadership position in the Division you must be an ABA Premium Law Student member.
- Current Division Council Members. Please reach out to the current members of the current Division Council to learn about the positions.
- Law Student Division Bylaws. Applicants should review the bylaws.
- Elections Code. All applicants for Law Student Division positions are responsible for reading the Division’s Elections Code.
- Assembly Caucuses. Learn more about Caucuses.
- Law Student Division Diversity Plan.
Applications for these positions are currently closed:
- Vice Chair
- Law Student At-Large on the ABA Board of Governors
- Education Director
- Delegate of Communications, Publications, and Outreach
- Delegate of Diversity and Inclusion
- Delegate of Programming
- Law Student Editor-in-Chief
- Law Student Editorial Board
- Diversity Committee
- Student Producer
- Diversity Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Elections Committee
- Membership and SBA Outreach Committee
- Programming and Communications Committee
- Resolutions Committee
To be eligible for consideration for one of these positions, you must complete this form in its entirety, including the required attachments – your Required Certification Form PDF, statement/resume PDF, headshot image, publicly available video statement link (optional, 5 minute maximum time limit, and not needed for editorial positions), and for editorial positions only links or single PDF of three non-academic writing samples (blog, news, or social media).
You must complete the application form in its entirety, including the required attachments:
- Your Required Certification Form PDF
- Statement/resume PDF
- Headshot image
- Publicly available video statement link (optional, 5 minute maximum time limit, and not needed for editorial positions)
- For editorial positions only: links or single PDF of three non-academic writing samples (blog, news, or social media).