Want to lead, advocate, and shape policy on a national scale? Network with prominent attorneys and law students from around the country? You can! There are many ways to get involved with the ABA as a law student leader.
- Vice Chair
- Law Student At-Large on the ABA Board of Governors
- Education Director
- Delegate of Communications, Publications, and Outreach
- Delegate of Diversity and Inclusion
- Delegate of Programming
- Law Student Editor-in-Chief
- Law Student Editorial Board
- Student Producer
You must complete the application form in its entirety, including the required attachments:
- Your Required Certification Form PDF
- Statement/resume PDF
- Headshot image
- Publicly available video statement link (optional, 5 minute maximum time limit, and not needed for editorial positions)
- For editorial positions only: links or single PDF of three non-academic writing samples (blog, news, or social media).
The deadline for submission is January 14, 2022 at noon Central Time. No exceptions will be granted.
Links and notes for interested law students:
- Go Premium! To be eligible to hold a leadership position in the Division you must be an ABA Premium Law Student member.
- Current Division Council Members. Please reach out to the current members of the current Division Council to learn about the positions.
- Law Student Division Bylaws. Applicants should review the bylaws.
- Elections Code. All applicants for Law Student Division positions are responsible for reading the Division’s Elections Code.
- Assembly Caucuses. Learn more about Caucuses.
- Law Student Division Diversity Plan.
Entity Liaison positions have occasional openings through the year. Check out the Law Student Liaison page for details.
Applications for these positions are currently closed:
- Diversity Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Elections Committee
- Membership and SBA Outreach Committee
- Programming and Communications Committee
- Resolutions Committee
To be eligible for consideration for one of these positions, you must complete this form in its entirety, including the required attachments – your Required Certification Form PDF, statement/resume PDF, headshot image, publicly available video statement link (optional, 5 minute maximum time limit, and not needed for editorial positions), and for editorial positions only links or single PDF of three non-academic writing samples (blog, news, or social media).