Resolutions Committee Job Description
The Resolutions Committee reviews all proposed Division resolutions and works with ABA staff members to select resolutions from other entities to propose to the Law Student Division Assembly. This committee must make sure the form and content of the resolution conforms to Law Student Division standards. The committee must make sure resolutions are complete, well-researched, well-drafted, and accurately cited.
Deadline: August 15, 2021
- Reviewing all Law Student Division resolutions for form and content compliance with Division standards.
- Working with the Council, Caucuses, and staff to facilitate the creation of student resolutions.
- Reviewing and selecting resolutions from other ABA entities to be considered for Law Student Division support.
- Assisting the staff in preparing selected resolutions for presentation to the Assembly.
Time commitment: 10 hours monthly.
Term: Committees serve a one-year term beginning at the conclusion of Annual Meeting through adjournment of the following Annual Meeting.
Attending the ABA Annual Meeting in August.
To hold a Committee position, students must be:
- A law student attending an ABA-approved law school;
- A Premium Law Student Division member* during the bar year you will serve;
- A law student in good standing at law school (not on academic probation or suspension) during the academic year;
- A law student who has not received his/her first degree in law;
- A law student attending law school during the academic year subsequent to June 1, 2021
- A law student who is in compliance with the submission deadlines and requirements.