Elections Committee Job Description
The Elections Committee maintains and updates the Election Code, oversees each election, and reviews potential Election Code violations. The committee members should be well-versed on election procedures and guidelines and able to maintain confidentiality of candidate information and of any issues that may arise during elections.
Deadline: July 1, 2012
- Reviewing and updating the Election Code.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of the Election Code.
- Managing each election, including coordinating with ABA Law Student Division staff on:
- Reviewing election timelines;
- Setting appropriate voting procedures;
- Reviewing candidate applications for eligibility; and
- Managing complaints of candidate violations and determining an appropriate response.
Time commitment: 10 hours monthly.
Term: Committees serve a one-year term beginning at the conclusion of the Annual Meeting through adjournment of the following Annual Meeting.
Attending the ABA Annual Meeting in August.
To hold a Committee position, students must be:
- A law student attending an ABA-approved law school;
- A Premium Law Student Division member* during the bar year you will serve;
- A law student in good standing at law school (not on academic probation or suspension) during the academic year;
- A law student who has not received his/her first degree in law;
- A law student attending law school during the academic year subsequent to June 1, 2020
- A law student who is in compliance with the submission deadlines and requirements.