Membership and Student Bar Associations Outreach Committee Job Description
This committee will help the Law Student Division reach and engage law students across the country by recruiting new members and helping develop a better ABA experience for law students through meaningful events, programming, and content.
Deadline: July 1, 2020
• Working with the division Vice Chair and staff to increase student engagement;
• Coordinating with the Vice Chair to develop membership initiatives and activities for ABA Representatives’ membership campaigns;
• Coordinating with staff to consider new member benefits for free and premium members;
• Responsible for securing ABA Representatives and SBA Presidents in each of the ABA-approved law schools;
• Supporting the Vice Chair and staff in annual membership recruitment efforts;
• Assisting in judging the Division’s national awards.
Time commitment: 10 hours monthly.
Term: Committees serve a one-year term beginning at the conclusion of the Annual Meeting through adjournment of the following Annual Meeting.
Attending the ABA Annual Meeting in August.
- A law student attending an ABA-approved law school;
- A Premium Law Student Division member* during the bar year you will serve;
- A law student in good standing at law school (not on academic probation or suspension) during the academic year;
- A law student who has not received his/her first degree in law;
- A law student attending law school during the academic year subsequent to June 1, 2020
- A law student who is in compliance with the submission deadlines and requirements.