Help decide who will lead this Division into the future!
As a member of the Nominating Committee you’ll select a diverse and qualified slate of candidates by reviewing and interviewing law student applicants for all Division Council positions.
You must be available in January/February, prior to the Spring campaign period and election. All Nominating Committee work is done online and remotely, and will be completed by early March, at the latest.
Committee appointments are open to ABA Reps and SBA Presidents only. The Nominating Committee is comprised of 9 members: 3 SBA Presidents, 3 ABA Representatives, both the Current and the Immediate Past Chairs of the Law Student Division, and the Immediate Past Law Student At-Large on the ABA Board of Governors.
Time commitment: 15-20 hours in January/February.
- Election Method: Appointed by the Law Student Division Chair
- Term: January/February
- Membership Level: Must be a Premium Law Student Division member.*
Application Deadline: January 4, 2019, 11:59am Central Time.
- Complete the electronic Application Form, statement, and resume.
- Include your statement of interest. There is a maximum length of 2,000 characters for this element.
- Include your resume. The resume must be a PDF, and cannot exceed two single-sided, 8.5” x 11” pages.
To be certified as a candidate for the Nominating Committee, an individual must be:
- A law student attending an ABA-approved law school;
- An ABA Law Student Division member for the current bar year by the filing deadline;
- A Premium Law Student Division member*
- A law student in good standing at law school (not on academic probation or suspension) during the academic year;
- A law student who has not received his/her first degree in law;
- A law student attending law school during the Spring semester of the current academic year;
- A law student who is a current ABA Representative or SBA President;
- A law student who is not eligible to run or has declined to run for a Law Student Division Council position in the coming academic year; and
- A law student who is in compliance with the submission deadlines and requirements.