The Student Producer helps manage production of the ABA Law Student Podcast, an interview program where high-profile guests offer advice and discussion on issues that matter to law students. Podcast guests have included Senator Lindsey Graham, Marcia Clark, ABA Presidents, and Richard Conviser, founder of Barbri.
The Student Producer, generally, participates in activities and performs specific tasks overseen by the Student Editor, the Chair, and ABA Staff to build and improve the overall quality of the American Bar Association’s Law Student Division Contemporary Media presence. And if you have experience on-air and are interested, you may be asked to participate as a host.
- Term:The Student Producer is a volunteer leadership position appointed by the Chair of the ABA Law Student Division. The role’s term begins in early August and ends the following August or at a time designated by the Chair. This is a non-funded division position and does not include travel or expenses.
- Time Commitment: 10-20 hours a month.
- Membership Level: Must be a Premium Law Student Division member.
Skills and Requirements
The Student Producer may have a background or interest in the delivery and production of multimedia communications, such as podcasting, radio, television, and other video. On-air experience is a plus. The candidate must be comfortable reaching out to, and coordinating with, high-profile attorneys and potential guests.
- Generate guest and topic ideas for the podcast
- Assist in coordinating and producing podcasts
- Reach out to, and coordinate with, potential guests
- Develop and maintain a regular recording schedule
- Create scripts and content for podcasts
- Work closely with podcast co-hosts and Legal Talk Network producers
- Serve on the Publications & Communications Committee
- Have experience or interest in digital media production
- Establish and maintain consistent communication with the Student Editor and other related positions regarding content and release of podcasts
- Write one article for the Student Lawyer Magazine
- Prioritize deadlines
Deadline is Sunday, June 4 at 11:59pm.